The ACM Reciprocal Network is a voluntary group of ACM member museums open across the U.S. and Canada that reciprocate discounted admission to each other’s members.
200 museums participate in the network and reciprocate 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people. The card holder must be present for discounted admission.
Note: The list of museums participating in the network may change, so please call the museum you plan to visit ahead of time to verify their participation in the ACM Reciprocal Network.
Finding Reciprocal Network Museums
On Find a Children’s Museum, you will see that some museums have a red R button on the same parallel line as their name listing—this symbol indicates that the institution participates in the ACM Reciprocal Network.
Museums without the red R symbol on the same parallel line as their name listing means that families who visit that institution will be asked to pay full daily admission or purchase a museum membership.
If your family would like to purchase a museum membership with ACM Reciprocal Network benefits, call or visit your hometown children’s museum. In addition to ACM Reciprocal Network benefits, joining your local children’s museum may offer many other benefits such as:
- Unlimited admission for the entire family to the museum all year
- Invitations to members’ events, exhibit openings, and special events
- Discounts on education programs, activities, and field trips
- Discounts at the museum store
- Free or reduced parking
- Free subscriptions to the museum newsletter and more
Families must present a valid Membership Card with ACM Reciprocal Network benefits (indicated by the program logo) to receive discounted admission at museums participating in the ACM Reciprocal Network. Participants in the network are subject to change. Please call ahead to verify reciprocal admission.
Please Keep in Mind:
- Museums participating in the Reciprocal Network offer 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people. Additional visitors in your group will be asked to pay full admission.
- The membership cardholder must be one of the six (6) people. ID may be required.
- Reciprocal admission privileges do extend to special exhibits.
- Reciprocal privileges do not extend to discounts for gift shop or café purchases, parking, museum special events, programs, summer camps or birthday parties.
Questions about your Family Museum Membership?
Please call the membership department of the museum where you purchased your family membership.